Mar 24, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

 This is one of those recipes that work great on a busy night. Preparation is simple and quick. I had a homemade sauce already made that just needed defrosting. This recipe you can find on the Taste of Home website.
Baked Spaghetti


Ingredients
1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese




The first step is to prepare the spaghetti and meat. I already had spaghetti made and a homemade sauce that just had to defrost.
Spaghetti

Next mix the eggs, Parmesan cheese, and the butter together.

eggs
Mix this with the spaghetti until blended. Then place half of the spaghetti in your 13x9 casserole dish.
Spaghetti and eggs
Top with half the sauce.

Spaghetti with sauce
Then sprinkle with half the cheese

Spaghetti with sauce and cheese
Repeat another layer using the last of the ingredients. Cover and bake in oven 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover then bake additional 20 min until cheese is melted.

Baked Spaghetti

I absolutely loved this dinner. It is a different take on spaghetti when you are getting tired of eating the same thing.


 

Note: I omitted the cottage cheese since I did not have any.

Share

2 comments:

Kristen Alexis said...

I am your newest follower from tag along tuesday! Cute blog! i love cooking as well. I just found my new passion is the crock pot! :) hope you can follow back.
kristenalexis31.blogspot.com

Yankee Texan said...

My family loves anything with pasta and red sauce, so I think I'll be trying this one. I'm your newest follower from the Cup of Joe Hop. Hope you can return the love at http://yankeeturnedtexan.blogspot.com