Mar 24, 2011

Microwave Chocolate Cake... Yes I said Microwave

I am a chocoholic and when I saw this recipe in the Food Network Magazine I just had to try it. Who wouldn't want chocolate cake done in the microwave. Quick and simple with only a few ingredients.

Ingredients

1/2 cup flour
5 TBS sugar
2 TBS cocoa powder
1 egg
3 TBS milk
3 TBS oil
dash of vanilla extract and salt
Microwave Chocolate Cake with eggs

Mix all ingredients in a big mug until smooth.


Microwave Chocolate Cake mixed

Microwave until puffed, about 2 min, I ended up microwaving for 3.
Sprinkle with extra cocoa and enjoy.



Microwave Chocolate Cake baked
Overall the texture is a bit gummy but still tastes great. This is the perfect choice when having a chocolate craving that needs to be taken care of quick. I can picture adding so many different toppings to this including ice cream.
Share

1 comments:

Saving by Design said...

Wow what a cool way to satisfy a chocoate craving! I'll definitely have to try that!

Following you back from the Flip Flop Alexa Hop ;)