Nov 5, 2011

Missed but not Forgotten

What I miss most is my drawing. I have been drawing all my life for as long as I can remember. I was even told that when I was a toddler that I drew little ghosts on the wall. My parents wanted to yell at me but the ghosts looked great.

I am a self taught artist. In high school I took all the drawing and painting classes available. In my senior year I had three core classes and the rest were art. My teachers would let me do my own thing because I was that good.

The reason I miss my drawing is because I haven't had that same drive that I used to have. When I was younger I would always have a drawing pad and pencils with me no matter where I went. I used to sit there and draw and be in another world. It was my escape.

For the past six or seven years I haven't done much drawing.  When I do pick up a pad and pencil my mind goes blank and all I see is white paper. Hopefully one day I will draw again because I really am good for being self taught.

What is something you miss? 

Check out my art below and tell me what you think. 
Most were done while I was a teenager.

watercolor

painted with dots

colored pencil and pastel

done in dots with sharpie

pencil

pencil

pencil
You can see a couple more and my photography on DeviantART

Share
Share

0 comments: